Who says you can’t show a little love to the planet this Valentine’s day? Whether your solo, or shacked up, rekindle your relationship by following these 14 lovely tips.
- Take a wildlife watching walk in a nearby national park or visit a natural history museum.
- Bypass the chemicals in perfume and purchase essential oils for your sweetheart.
- Be competitive and play outdoor sports (ice skating hockey skiing for you snow bunnies and volleyball, surfing, hiking, or kayaking for us lucky people). Despite where you live, what better way for you to get your blood pumping 😉
- Throw a dinner party or night in using the food you clear out from that old fridge or freezer. Pretend to be a master chef and make a creative challenge out of it!
- Pick out a tree together that symbolizes your love and if you can plant it or just spend sometime outdoors gardening.
- Visit your local farmers’ markets and indulge in local food.
- Unwind by sitting outdoors in solitude or having a picnic (for you snowbound folks building a snowman instead is just as fun) with your partner.
- Invest in some binoculars to watch birds with your other half then try making a card by drawing what you see for each other on recycled paper.
- Send a paperless Valentine’s Day card using an E-card.The Natural Resource Defense Council e-card is a great one because when you buy you are also donating.
- Enjoy a tasty treat while donating 10% of the sale toward protecting animals and their habitat by giving Endangered Species Chocolate. Also, check out The Huffington Post’s chocolate list.
- Go a romantic camping trip or just experience a spectacular sunset then layout under the stars. Take some memorable photos.
- Take a trip to a working farm and see where your food and other products come from/are made.
- Do some nummy activities with your hunny by baking vegan cookies together!
- If popping the big question, consider looking into antique or pre-owned rocks with unique cuts and that also bypasses the need for additional pollution caused by mining.
HAVE A HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY READERS!